You’ll find this owner-managed gem just 45 minutes outside Port Elizabeth - an ideal base from which to explore the adjacent Addo Elephant Park, and numerous game viewing activities at your leisure and in your own time. Woodall Country House is situated on a peaceful citrus farm in the fertile Sundays River Valley, a mere 5 minute drive from the world renowned Addo Elephant National Park. Offering the best in Eastern Cape hospitality, treatments in the Award-winning Spa and Woodall’s exceptional cuisine are not to be missed!
Opening onto beautiful rose or indigenous gardens, alive with the calling of birds, the rooms at Woodall are as seeped in luxury as they are in comfort. Each room is spacious, private, and equipped with every convenience from climate control to internet access. Other features include private verandas, en-suite bathrooms, mini hi-fi’s, mini-bars, sumptuous furnishings, crisp percale linen, bathrobes, telephones, electronic safes and CD players. All have private outdoor showers for an enlivening experience not to be missed. Twin or King bedded rooms available. There are also two family units.
1. A range of treatments at Woodall’s award-winning Spa and Gym
2. Various game viewing options to be enjoyed in your own timeo Woodall Country House Safaris: in our own open game viewer with a qualified guide to see the Big 5 in the Addo Elephant National Parko Self-drive through the Addo Elephant National Park o Game drive in Addo on a scheduled Addo drive at various times, including night driveso Schotia Tooth and Claw safari which includes a boma dinner ; focus on seeing lions o Self-drives through Addo Elephant National Parko Addo Elephant Back Safaris
3. Addo River Safari
Check in times
from 14:00 (2 pm)
before 11:00 (11 am)
Children of all ages are welcome
• A child under 4 years is accommodated free of charge, sharing a room (not in family suite)
• A child 4 years and older sharing a bedroom with two adults pays third person sharing rate
• A child 2 years and older sharing a bedroom with one adult pays the per person sharing rate and constitutes double occupancy.
50% of total value to confirm booking; full pre-payment 14 days prior to arrival
• All cancellations must be in writing at all times
• 59 – 31 days before arrival – 25% of total accommodation will be charged
• 30 – 15 days before arrival – 50% of total accommodation will be charged
• 14 – 08 days before arrival – 75% of total accommodation will be charged
• 07 – 01 days before arrival – 85% of total accommodation will be charged
• Guaranteed reservations that fail to arrive are subject to a 100% ‘no-show’ fee on the booked value for the entire stay.
• If more than 50% of the rooms are held for any given booking, Woodall Country House and Spa reserves the right to amend the tour cancellation policy to protect against loss of income due to late cancellations.
• The cancellation policy is applicable regardless of whether payments have or have not been received by Woodall
Advisable when travelling anywhere in Africa and for unforeseen cancellation.
Room Types & Descriptions
7 Luxury rooms
Luxurious rooms and cottages are private and spacious with an understated elegance and a classical feel. Each room is individually designed and decorated with an air of bygone romance.
Luxurious suites with a contemporary feel are airy and furnished using natural materials and raw silks. Light and spacious, completely private, each suite offers understated refinement: spacious bedrooms, separate sitting, dressing areas, expansive bathrooms complete with double outdoor showers and private pools. There is one family suite.
Dining at Woodall is a “foodie” experience featuring Eastern Cape flavours and textures. No effort or expense is spared to source the best of our local products: Ostrich, Karoo lamb and venison, free range poultry, freshly caught East Coast fish and local artisan cheeses. The daily menu is inspired by the unique flavours of these local ingredients, citrus harvested from the surrounding orchards, and freshly picked produce from our own herb and vegetable gardens. Complementing the menu is an underground wine cellar, boasting a unique and comprehensive collection of fine South African wines, personally selected by the James, the owner. The cellar has been awarded numerous Diners Club Wine List Awards over the past ten years.
With uncompromising focus on quality, freshness and supporting local wherever possible, Woodall’s cuisine celebrates the process of creating delicious, innovative and finely presented dishes from source.This focus is underlined by our policy that there are no short cuts to produce a culinary sensation, and that there is no place for inferior ingredients. There are no special tricks – just winning recipes tested, developed and continually evolving over time. We believe that food is art and that all aspects of this art, such as tastes, flavours, colours and presentation have to be exciting and innovative.
James and Debbie are self-taught foodies with a passion for farm life, good food and fine wines. They have travelled the world together in search of new ideas, flavours and inspiration for the ever changing menus. James is a third generation citrus farmer in the Sundays River Valley and both have master degrees in Agriculture. Armed with this horticultural knowledge they have established herb gardens, vegetable plots and fruit orchards in order to supply Woodall with the freshest home grown produce. They subscribe to sustainability and are fervent about the in-service training programme, where unemployed locals with no previous experience are given the opportunity to train as chefs. They love the flavours and freshness of Eastern Cape produce and take delight in recipes that reflect the soul of this unique area.
Self Drive Options
Directions from Port Elizabeth
• Take N2 in direction of Grahamstown for +- 15 km.
• Turn left off N2 onto R335 (signposted Motherwell, Markman, St Georges Strand - there is also a sign for Addo Elephant Park)
• Travel +-45 km to Addo village.
• Continue through village on R335 in direction of Park for +- 5 km (you will pass a crocodile ranch on the Left Hand side).
• Turn left off R335 at Woodall Sign onto a gravel road.
• Turn immediately right again in front of Elephant House Guest House.
• Continue on road for +- 1.3 km to Woodall.
Port Elizabeth Airport
Transfers can be arranged to and from Port Elizabeth and also between all activities during your stay at Woodall.
Please enter the message you'd like to send to Food Routes.