Cintsa East, just a 40 minutes drive from East London on South Africa’s famed and iconic Wild Coast is home to Prana Lodge Private Beach Estate and Spa. It is here, where the warm Indian Ocean laps the shores of 21km of unspoilt beach, birdsong fills the indigenous gardens and the illusive Blue Dyker grazes quietly in the shadows of the pristine dune forest that the Davidson family welcome guests to their exquisite 5 star private beach estate and spa.Peace and tranquillity prevail throughout – from the privacy of seven luxurious suites, each with private garden and plunge pool, to the serenity of the award- winning Thai Wellness Centre and Spa providing treatments, yoga and meditation. Offering exceptional cuisine and direct beach access, Prana Lodge prides its place as one of the regions premier destination and an Award winning Spa in South Africa.
Beautiful stand alone suits secluded in expansive indigenous gardens ensure total privacy for all our guests. Suites are large (+- 75square metres) with an enclosed garden, private plunge pool in the Prana suites, a seating area, tea and coffee facilities, flat screen Television CD player and all you would expect in a 5 star environment. Bathrooms are spacious with personalised amenities, double vanities and separate toilets (W.C). Some have with outside showers.
PRANA WELLNESS CENTRE AND SPA
• Award-winning spa with trained and experienced Thai therapists
• Set in natural surroundings and indigenous gardens
• An holistic sanctuary intended to nurture body, mind and spirit, and rejuvenate and revitalize subtle energies.
• 2 private treatment pavilions linked by stairways through the Clivia garden
• Facilities for couples treatments
• Spacious changing rooms with showers and ablutions
• Specialised treatments and therapies using only natural oils and products are offered including: Facials, massages and reflexology treatments
• Additional facilities include a steam room, sauna, outside showers, a gym, a jet pool
• a Pilates and yoga floor - personal instructor by appointment
• Spa Lite Menu and Juice bar*
• Some treatments may be booked in your suite * Additional Charge unless specifically included in a Pre-booked package
RELAXING ON THE BEACH : surfboards, kayaks and fishing equipment is availbe for the sole use of guests during their stay at prana
OTHER ACTIVITES ON OFFER INCLUDE (additional costs): SURF SCHOOL, Surfboard Hire, Wetsuit Hire, Mountain bike trails, Cultural Half-Day Tour Game drives, Sunset game drive, Quad biking, Horse trails, Canoe trails Guided Hiking Trails, Elephant interaction, Elephant back safari
Check in times
Children are accommodated strictly by prior arrangement with management only and subject to availability.Children from 12 years and older are considered as adults and will be charged at the applicable rates.Children not sharing with adults (occupying their own suite) will be charged at the normal suite rate.Dinner in the dining room is restricted to persons from 12 years and older
Confirmation subject to the receipt of:
A 50% non-refundable deposit is required to confirm a reservation. On-line reservations to be paid immediately with credit card when making a reservation. When paying your deposit by EFT (Electronic fund transfer) the deposit is required within 4 days of confirmation.
All reservations must be guaranteed by a valid credit card.
Balance of accommodation account is payable 4 weeks prior to date of guest’s arrival.
Refunds of deposits / pre-payments are at the discretion of management and are dependent on the availability to re-let the rooms.
Payment from tour operators and travel agents should be made by internet transfer; if payment is made by credit/debit card a 2.5% surcharge will be added.
Cancellation within 21 days of date of arrival 50% of full accommodation payable.Cancellation within 7 days of arrival full accommodation payable.In the event of premature departure the full extent of stay as originally booked and confirmed will be charged.Refunds and waiver of cancellation policies are at the discretion of management and the ability to re-let the suites.
Travel Insurance: Prana Lodge meets the standard requirements ; however all travelers ought to have their own insurance
Room Types & Descriptions
6 Prana Suites & 1 Forest SuitePrivate plunge pools in all Prana Suites (not Prana Forest Suite)Enclosed courtyards and private gardens to ensure total privacyDouble doors onto enclosed patios with loungers and seating (not Forest Suite)Outdoor /private dining eating opportunitiesCentral air conditioningBio-friendly gas fires; ceiling fanLarge LCD TV screens with DSTV satellite channels; CD and DVD playerFully stocked minim bar with selected snacks and treats *King size beds dressed with high quality percale linenSpacious and designated seating areasSafes
The delight is in the detail: from the freshest ingredients, to the magic of new recipes, the spectacular garden setting, a carefully selected yet extensive wine list, and impeccable personal service and attention. Prana Lodge Restaurant is a special venue for all seasons, and caters for breakfast, lunch, high tea and dinner for resident guests and visitors seeking something exceptional. The restaurant opens out onto pool deck and lawn where sensational summer meals refresh the body and spirit. In winter, the large fireplace keeps diners cosy, and sumptuous meals warm the heart and fortify the spirit. Prana Lodge Restaurant is a sought after dining establishment where the fare is delicious, the presentation exquisite, and the service impeccable.
To create culinary masterpieces with echoes of African, Asian and French cuisine for a truly indulgent dining experience. With a flair for the exceptional, the chef will even prepare designer meals to suit your personal taste and requests.
Chef Jaycee Ferreira has a slew of impressive accolades to his name (including the title of Chaine de Rotisseurs Chef of the Year 2001 for South Africa) as well as an illustrious list of well known personalities that he has wowed with his culinary prowess – President Jacob Zuma, Marilyn Albright and Edith Venter, to name but a few. He has worked in a number of top restaurants in some of the country’s busiest cities, but now has traded in the bright lights for a more relaxed pace of life as the Executive Chef at Prana Lodge – the only five-star hotel on The Wild Coast.
Self Drive Options
1. From Airport, follow N2 signs out of East London towards Mthatha which will take you along the NE expressway and onto the N2.
2. You will pass turn off to Beacon Bay & Gonubie; continue towards Mthatha
3. After 20km’s you will travel though some sharp bends and turns and half way up the hill TURN RIGHT (see signage to Chintsa, Jikaleza Route/Inkwenkwezi/Crawfords Cabins.
4. Follow the road for +- 11km’s. TURN LEFT just after a trading store (Signposts to Chintsa East/Crawfords Cabins)
5. This road will take you directly into Chinsta East
6. Prana Lodge is at the bottom of the hill on the left hand side – if you get to Chintsa Country Club, you have gone too far.
East London Airport
Tranfers can be arranged from East London airport, or other reserves in the Eastern Cape. Charter flights can also be arranged.
Please enter the message you'd like to send to Food Routes.